Monday, April 27, 2009

Food Network - Last cake standing

Last night, Anna and I watched the final segment of Food Networks Last Cake Standing. We had caught a previous one too. I have some issues with them.

#1 - in the first episode, we enjoyed the challenge, enjoyed meeting the contestants. But at the end, the 'twist' was that the contestants had to send someone home - no judging, just personal choice. My issue with that? How can the show be considered to offer the best cake decorator in the end, if the other competitors are kicking off the one who offers them the biggest challenge - who are probably the best?

#2 - We missed the whole episode when they did the super hero cakes, but we saw the end of it just before the final episode. What I saw of the two cakes made it clear to me that the flying superhero guy should have won. But nope - they gave it to the other cake.

#3 - Courtney should have won this by far! The final 3 cakes were OK, but Bronwens cake was falling over, and Mary's cake was nasty messy. Courtney's however, was VERY clean, very beautiful and I felt covered the interests of the kids very well. So why did Mary win? I think the whole thing was rigged. I think Mary had an insider and probably offered the judges money.

It was rigged. Left me very unhappy.

No comments: