Thursday, July 16, 2009

Enough Already! He's gone!

I think I've been fairly tolerant of the great media meltdown regarding Michael Jackson. I have not complained at all about the incessant coverage of his life, death, family, kids, house, estate, neverranch, cars, garage doors, front sidewalk, who he knew, what he knew, who knew him, how long his pinky finger was, etc... etc...

But Enough Already! You can't seem to flip through the TV channels without getting at least a few channels STILL talking about this stuff. I believe that Michael Jackson was an extraordinary artist and performer. I believe his works will be known forever and by generation after generation.

But come on! We survived the onslaught when he went to the hospital. We survived the 24/7 coverage of his memorial. We are now having to survive unending coverage of things that I don't really care about - at all!

Enough Already! He's gone! The King of Pop has died. Let's, please, let the coverage die as well. I'll be more than happy to simply listen to Michael on my media player today at work.

No comments: