Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Flying made - uh - easy?

I'm into model airplanes. Not the little toy ones, but the ones that you actually put an engine on and fly into the air. No - not the kind you sit in, but the ones you control via a remote control. My older brother got me into RC airplanes many, many years ago and through the years I've had a few. I consider myself an experienced, but not exceptional pilot. I can fly a plane, I can do fun stuff, but I don't know any of the competition patterns or flight moves.

Yesterday I experienced something new. My plane's wing folded, right in flight. It's a sad thing, to lose a plane, but it's fun to push the limits, make the plane do things a little more extreme. Unfortuneatly, what I was doing was simply pulling out of a simple tail stand and fall.

We went out to the farm lands where there is a perfect paved road, and the breeze was just perfect. So I setup, started the enging and all was good.



After the wing fold:


My wife was filming, and even though she missed the actual fold of the wings on tape, the audio is very, very clear:



Now I have to find a new plane.

1 comment:

Anna-Liisa said...

Even though everyone who was in the plane died, I still think you are a great pilot. :)