Monday, November 10, 2008

Did you know you own part of AIG? -- again!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27640655

"The government on Monday provided new financial assistance to troubled insurance giant American International Group, including pouring $40 billion into the company "

GIVE * ME * A * BREAK

I'm really not so hot at math, and I try and avoid it most of the time. I have a computer for a reason - I have a calculator and Google. What more could I need when it comes to math?

But let me try:

According to the Motley Fool, AIG originally received $85B in bailout money. Apparently this was not enough, so they received another $37.8B in October. Now that November has rolled around, why don't we offer up another $40B, just to be safe. We'll re-evaluate a new amount to give AIG when December comes in, if we even make it that long.

Ok - so math... oh my head hurts... uh ---.. I think thats One Hundred Sixty Two (plus) BILLION dollars.

I'm sorry - I can't comprehend that. 162 Billion dollars is too much for me to understand. In the mean time: Congrats - you own lots of AIG now... Except you can't get your money back (nor had a say in giving it).

No comments: