Sunday, November 2, 2008

"It's because he doesn't love us!"

We asked the kids to go in and clean our daughters room today. I set my timer for 30 minutes and told them I would have to come in and boss them around until it was clean if they didn't have it done when my timer went off. They didn't get it done in the time frame so I stepped in the room and started telling them what they needed to do. After a bit, my daughter neared a nervous breakdown and started crying because she didn't want to clean anymore. I was sitting on the couch (next to her door) when she said "It's because he doesn't love us!"

Yeah - that's probably it. Oh, someday she'll understand that we do those things BECAUSE we love them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL! That's too funny. One day they'll know why we do what we do as parents.