Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Voting today

I've been hearing lots about the polls, been hearing a lot about Obama opening a wide lead. I've heard how McCain is hoping for a comeback/upset. Every news agency in the US has talked about the polls. But I think the polls will turn out to be quite skewed by the end of today.

I believe we are going to see a huge turnout of people voting FOR 'the black guy' or AGAINST the 'black guy' - what was his name again? Or voting FOR the female VP or AGAINST the female VP. Names don't matter- positions don't matter, affiliations don't matter.

It's a shame people think that way. The more I hear (am forced to hear about it), the more I am hearing Obamas name and I am getting the sense that he may take it. But at the same time, since we are voting for 'a black guy' or a 'female VP', I think the polls will not have gotten a full idea of all of the voters. My guess is the polls polled the same type of people they poll every election year, but this year there will be lots of 'other' people come out of the woodwork to vote and they have not been polled - probably ever.

So while I sense Obama make take the lead, I can't be sure and I SURELY dont trust any polls. I guess we'll know by the end of today.

No comments: