Sunday, November 2, 2008

Fantasy Football

Last year, at the offering of a friend, I joined a Fantasy Football league for the first time in my life. I knew very little about it, and little enough about the NFL players to know that I was not going to do well. I got very lucky in the draft and picked up some pretty good players (namely Tom Brady) and ended up having a really good season. I ended 4th of ten due to a few really bad last matchups. But enjoyed it and setup at the beginning of this year too.

The first week was a nightmare - I had Tom Brady and he got injured early. It was clear that it was going to be a bad year for that team. So, at the end of that week, I quickly setup a new team, in a different league. With the players I got, I was excited for my possibilities.

It has not turned out well. My second team goes into this week 2nd of 10, but my first team is at a lowly 9th. After this week ends, I'm sure they will both drop even more. Last year must have truly been 'beginners luck'. I'll let you know how things continue through the rest of the season.

No comments: