Wednesday, November 12, 2008

My letter to Mike Simpson

The form that it allowed me to fill out had a static 'honorable Mike Simpson' preceeding the text field that allowed me to enter my comments. I wrote this:

-----------------------

Can I remove the 'Honorable' that preceeds your name from this letter? Because I surely do not honor anything about your recent voting habits.

I am DISGUSTED. Disgusted with the measures the government has taken to withdraw power from the people and place it squarely in the hands of corrupt politicians.

I have written you twice about being very saddened by your voting FOR this ... hmmm.. what should we call this obscene bill now? Cause it isn't a mortgage bailout bill. It isn't an economic recovery bill. It isn't a bank bailout bill.

oh - I know. Lets call it the 'Government at will' bill. That has a nice ring to it. Because really, you voted to give the government $700 BILLION taxpayers dollars FOR WHAT!?!?!?? They don't know - nobody knows because the government is just doing whatever the $*&@ they want with it!

THIS is what you voted for? THIS!!!!

I voted against you. I have no idea who I voted for but I voted against you.

Now the government wants to pay health care for the auto industry. What about MY health care - are you going to pay for mine? naw - you're probably too busy making backdoor deals with the auto industry - or the banking system - or, heck - probably working directly with satan!

So - after all that - I'll sum it up with this:

Please. Represent me. Stop representing yourself and the big business that is greasing your palm.

Represent me. Do something - ANYTHING - to make the people you pose to represent, proud of you.

- Johnathan


-----------------------


No, you don't have to be so explicit, so mean, so anything. But Please whatever you want to say - contact your representative today.

No comments: